Less is not only more when it comes to content, but when it comes to color, too. Our eyes and busy minds love clean, white spaces. Also, dark colors on websites not only look outdated but closed off, too. So, seek ways to lighten up your pages by adding white space.
Here’s how to do it:
- Put the line height for your body font up to 1.5
- Have more space between photos and texts or
- Create more space between content blocks
- Less colored blocks – switch one out for white background
- Only work with 2-3 colors for highlights and lighten them up a shade or 2
- Clean up your content, and you will free up so much space. I wrote about that, here.
I hope that helps. Let me know what you think about those tips.