Custom images or expert photos make your website immediately look more professional. Using captivating photographs is a great way to bring your message across without using many words. Your visitors decide in a split second if your content and the look of your website is speaking to them.
A professional picture of you will also build trust and can connect you & your visitor, aka future dream client. Whether you invest in some professional photos, have a friend with an excellent camera take pictures of you in great light, or create some beautiful images with Canva, they certainly will make a positive difference to the overall look & feel of your website.
How to get better pictures on your website:
- To build that trust with your future dream customer, have a high-quality image of you on your “About” page. People click on About pages most often. Because they want to find out more about the person or people behind it.
- Good lighting is crucial for good photos
- Take your pictures in landscape format; they usually work better on websites than upright format.
- Keep your brand colours in mind and see if you can integrate those in your photos. Maybe you can wear sth. in that beautiful light blue?
- Less is more when it comes to good pictures for your website. Watch out for your background.
- It is also great to show yourself in your work surroundings, and people find that always appealing, it makes you relatable and trustworthy.
- Unsplash is a great resource to find stock photos. Better invest some time in searching for a fitting picture than taking the first one you can find.